January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015
Happy Holidays ladies! While there are many reading challenges out there for you to choose from, we thought it might be fun to do a Mocha Girls inspired challenge. The challenge is simple. The idea is to have fun reading books with titles that will spell out “MOCHA GIRLS 15” by the end of the year.
How it Works:
You can do this challenge in many ways:
1) Choose books with TITLES that spell out “Mocha Girls” (1 title per letter of the alphabet). The title must begin with the letter you are completing.
2) Choose books whose authors LAST names spell out “Mocha Girls” (1 name per letter of the alphabet). The author’s last name must begin with the letter you are completing.
3) Combine BOTH of the above; however, you can only have one title or author’s name per letter of the alphabet.
4) Choose two books with TITLES that start with ONE and FIVE to complete “Mocha Girls 15″ . The title must begin with the number you are completing.
Confused? Here’s an example using all of methods above:
M - The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty.
O – Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
C - The House Girl by Tara Conklin
H - The Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
A - A Christmas Prayer by Kimberla Lawson Roby
G - Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
I - Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
R - The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
L - Light by Michael Grant
S - Sugar by Bernice L. McFadden
1 - One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
5 - Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John
To keep things fun, choose the level from the three options below you feel most comfortable attempting. However, once you pick a level, please stick to it throughout the challenge.
- Off like a rocket – completion of spelling “Mocha Girls” (this way, you only read 10 books)
- Out of this world - completion of spelling “Mocha Girl” and adding the “15” (this way, you read 12 books)
- Warp speed – completing levels 1 and 2, AND reading all 2015 Books of the Month (a whooping 24 books)
If you complete the level you signed up for, you will be entered for a giveaway valued at $30.00!
This reading challenge is hosted by Mocha Girls Read. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.