Thursday, December 4, 2014

2015 Reading Road Trip Challenge

January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015


Hello everyone, for 2015 I've decided to do something a little different. I've decided to host my own challenge called the Reading Road Trip Challenge hosted here at She's Got Books on Her Mind. I've heard about people challenging themselves to read books from the 50 states before and I wanted to do it too for 2015. I haven't seen it around as a yearly challenge so I created my own little challenge for myself and for anyone else who wants to join up.

If you do want to join up, below is some general info about the challenge and you can post your link to your sign up page below.

The Challenge:

Read at least one book set in all 50 states in the U.S.A.

P.S. For those of you who want to join in but, don't want to read all 50 books from the 50 states there's a place for you here too.

Some Info:

  • This challenge runs all year long from January 1st, 2015 - December 31st, 2015.
  • Any book will do. If you wanted to mix and match books or just read picture books set in all 50 states do it. It's a challenge but it's meant to be fun so do what you think will help you complete and enjoy the challenge as best as you can.
  • Read books set in a certain state or a book that visits a certain state. For example: Because of Winn-Dixie is set in Florida so when you read it you'll complete the task of reading a book set in Florida. Another example would be Amy and Roger's Epic Detour which has Amy and Roger going on a road trip. One of those states they visit counts as long as they stay for a little while.
  • One book can only count for one state not multiple states like with road trip books. Road Trip Book = One State.
  • You can move up or down levels.
  • Link ups will be posted at the beginning of each month where you can post reviews or updates on your goal. For link ups you can put something like this:
State (Book) @ blog/twitter/goodreads.

For example: Florida (Because of Winn-Dixie) @BooksOnHerMind

  • If you read two or more books from one state you can link up your update or review but it won't count towards your overall goal. It'll just be an awesome bonus.
  • Have fun, readers!

Reading Levels:

Hitchhiker: 10-20

Wayfarer: 21-30

Voyager: 31-40

Adventurer: 41-50

Links to Get You Started:

YA Novels by State
The United States of YA

If you are having trouble finding some books set in certain states let me know and I'll help you out as best as I can just let me know what types of books you read and I'll go from there.

This reading challenge is hosted by She's Got Books on Her Mind. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.