January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015
If you're new to the TBR Pile Reading Challenge, here is the deal: We all have those books. We buy them, win them, they're gifted to us. Then we put them up on a bookshelf and there they stay, collecting dust, waiting for the time when we'll finally decide to pick them up.
Join us on a quest to dust off your TBR Pile and read all the books you've been telling yourself you'll read next time you'll get a chance. This is your chance!
- The challenged will run from January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015. The sign up link below will remain open until January 16, 2015 at 11:30am.
- Anyone can enter! You don't have to be a blogger, just as long as you review the book you've read. You can review on your book on your blog, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, etc.
- Any genre, length, or format of book counts as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your self for some time. Short stories and novellas do count! The only stipulations that the book must have been released in 2014 or earlier. No 2015 ARCs or 2015 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed.
- On the 25th of every other month (see schedule below), we will post a wrap-up for the previous two months. These posts will be done by one our bloggers and will contain new linkys for you to add your own wrap-up posts. If you did not sign up by January 17, this is where you can sign up as well.
- To help you tackle your TBR piles we will also be hosting Read-A-Longs on months that do not have wrap-ups. Voted on by challenge participants, Read-A-Longs will have two post dates: the first half of the book and the second half. Please note: You do not have to take part in our Read-A-Longs to participate in the TBR Pile Challenge. You can participate in all of them, some of them, or none of them. This aspect of the challenge is entirely optional.
- There will be two giveaways - July and December. Giveaway details will be explained once the giveaway post goes up. We don't want to overwhelm you with too many details now :)
- You don't have to follow Bookish to join the challenge, but you do have to follow us to be entered in the giveaways.
How many books are you planning to read for this challenge?
1-10 A Firm Handshake
11-20 A Friendly Hug
21-30 First Kiss
31-40 Sweet Summer Fling
41-50 Could This Be Love?
50+ Married with Children
- Read-A-Long (poll will go live 12/18/14)
- Vote for March read
- January - February Wrap Up
- Announce March's read and schedule
- Vote for May read
- March - April Wrap Up
- Announce May's read and schedule
- Vote for July read
- May - June Wrap Up
- Announce July's read and schedule
- Vote for September read
- July - August Wrap Up
- Announce October's read and schedule
- Vote for November read
- September - October Wrap Up
- Announce November's read and schedule
- November - December Wrap Up
- Giveaways will only be hosted twice this year - July and December
- Wrap-up posts and Read-A-Longs will alternate months instead of being every month.
- We will take turns hosting wrap-up posts so you can see what everybody is up to instead of just one of us!
- HASHTAG! To update us on your progress or connect with others in the challenge, be sure to tweet/post with #2015TBRPile
This reading challenge is hosted by Bookish. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.