Monday, December 15, 2014

A Christmas Carol Read-Along

December 15, 2014 – December 25, 2014


I've succumbed.

I wasn't going to commit to anything else between now and Christmas. But I really wanted to reread Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol this year....so I've decided to host the most low-key, easy, no-fuss read-along ever.

The hardest part has been making the badge...and I've just realised I forgot to add my blog address to it - do'h!

If you'd like to join me in reading or rereading A Christmas Carol simply say 'hi' in the comments below & spread the word.

Copy my badge, post on twitter or Instagram using #achristmascarol, share on facebook, goodreads or your own blogs. As much or as little as you like.

During the read-along stop by and let us know how you're progressing.
Tweet your favourite quotes, show us a picture of your particular edition, tell us how many times you've read A Christmas Carol over the years.
Why do you love it so much?
Which movie version do you prefer?
Have you seen a stage show or pantomine of A Christmas Carol?

Are you a Bah! Humbug! at Christmas or a "God bless us one and all!" type?

Maybe you'd like to tell us about your best (or worst) Christmas past.
What do you plan to do for your Christmas Present?
Tell us your hopes for the Christmas Yet To Come.

Or simply read-along knowing that folks all around the world are experiencing the same wonderful story at the same time as you!

I will be reading my lovely 2007 (second reprint) Folio Society edition.

Although I first read A Christmas Carol sometime in my 20's, I have not read this particular edition yet. The illustrations & colour plates by Foreman look delightful.

I'm looking forward to diving back into Dickensian London and finding the spirit (and/or ghost) of Christmas.

I hope you can join me in this adventure.
#achristmascarol

This reading event is hosted by Brona's Books. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.