Thursday, December 20, 2012

2013 Women Challenge

prova 02 ridotta
January 2013 – December 2013
After taking part into so many challenges in 2012 I decided to launch my own for 2013!
Checking the books I have read in the last year I noticed that I have read a lot of authors who are men and far fewer women writers.
There is no real reason because, of course, I don’t choose books based on the author’s sex, but this intrigued me and I decided to create a challenge called the "Women Challenge".
This challenge will make us want to read more books of any kind written by women, so choose whatever you like and get involved!
Set your level and, if you like, leave me a comment on this post listing your three favourite women writers, in order to suggest new names to other participants as well.
Here are mine (they are just the first ones coming to my mind):
* Isabel Allende
* Marcela Serrano
* Kathy Reichs
Rules:


* anyone can join;
* you don't need a blog to partecipate: if you are a non-blogger please leave a comment with a link (if you review elsewhere) to your review or with the list of the books you read and the level you choose;
* audio, e-books, bound books and re-reads are ok;
* create a sign up post on your blog and post the link in the linky below (scroll down please, it's at the end of the italian translation);
* challenge goes from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013
Levels:


Level 1: BABY GIRL - read 1 to 5 books written by a woman author
Level 2: GIRLS POWER - read 6 to 10 books written by a woman author
Level 3: SUPER GIRL - read 11 to 15 books written by a woman author
Level 4: WONDER WOMAN - read 16+ books written by a woman author

For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.