Saturday, July 28, 2007

Summer Reading Challenge 2007


Amanda over at Amanda's Weekly Zen has decided to host the Summer Reading Challenge part Two and has set up a special blog for readers to record their summer reading challenges, post reviews and have discussions! It all gets underway on June 1st and runs through August 1st.

For those of you who are over-challenged this summer, this Challenge may be right for you. Readers choose their own goals - so the only pressure is that which you put on yourself. Have some books on your TBR stack that you want to finish this summer? Have an author you've wanted to read for awhile? It's all up to you!

Click on over to Amanda's site and e-mail her to get signed up for the challenge. She is also asking for ideas for a button!

**I almost didn't do this one - I'm a little "over challenged" right now! BUT, Amanda is being very generous with the rules. I can pick any books I want, I can overlap other reads - I think I can pull this off.

My goal is to read some of my book group reads (which I've been struggling to keep up with lately). I have two months - I'm choosing four books. Here they are:

1. The Flea Palace, by Elif Shafak (Completed June 15, 2007; read my review here.)
2. Slow Man, by J.M. Coetzee (Completed June 4, 2007, read my review here.)
3. Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck (Completed July 13, 2007; read my review here.)
4. Birds Without Wings, by Louis de Bernieres (Completed July 13, 2007; read my review here.)

**CHALLENGE COMPLETED July 28, 2007