Sunday, August 12, 2007

Outmoded Authors Challenge

September 1, 2007 - February 28, 2008

August 14: Please note this challenge has been extended ONE month to February 28th!

Imani at The Books of My Numberless Dreams is sponsoring two autumn challenges - this is the second of the two. Pop on over and check it out! Here's what she says:

I'm going to be a bit dictatorial in deciding which authors actually make it to the Outmoded list. Despite the biases displayed in the lists so far, do not feel that you have to suggest Western authors. I'm quite open to cheating and adding authors who were never in fashion in this part of the world (but may be outmoded in yours). I also intend to go through some old Paris Review issues as they have quite a few really good contributions from writers I never heard of before then.

These are the ones I've decided on so far with the help of my readers at The Books of My Numberless Dreams:

  • Malcolm Lowry
  • Andrew Salkey
  • Sybille Bedford
  • D.H. Lawrence
  • Walter Scott
  • George Bernard Shaw
  • C.L.R. James
  • Elizabeth Bowen
  • G.K. Chesterton
  • Dawn Powell
  • Radclyffe Hall
  • W. Somerset Maugham
  • John Glasworth
  • Freya Stark
  • Orlando Patterson