Begins when you sign up through November 15, 2009
For those of you wondering...YES, Dana will be hosting the Chunkster Challenge again this year... She writes:
Apparently many people in the blogosphere are gluttons for punishment. There is a HIGH demand for reading big fat books and being held accountable to read big fat books. So, back by popular demand: The Chunkster Challenge '09. Too Big To Fit the Average Book Bag.***Details are now UP ON THE BLOG...and it starts for you as soon as you sign up using Mr. Linky...But hurry because sign ups END MARCH 1st.
This year there are some changes:
- A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature (fiction or nonfiction) Don't complain folks, I read all thousands of pages of the Twilight series and they were good, but not a challenge. A chunkster should be a challenge.
- If you read large type books your book will need to be 525 pages or more I asked around and the average LT book is 10-15% longer or more so I think that was a fair estimate.
- No Audio books in the chunkster. It just doesn't seem right. Words on paper for this one folks.
- You may start any time after signing up. You must complete your reads before or on Nov 15th.
- Short Stories and Essay collections will not be counted.
- Books may crossover with other challenges (see option 4 for a collaborative effort with TBR challenge)
- Only option 4 requires that you make a set list of books to complete the challenge