This challenge is for those who love seafaring tales! And since there are so many types of books out there that feature this theme, your reading possibilities are endless - nonfiction, history, true-life accounts, genre fiction, literature, historical and contemporary works, young adult, mystery, fantasy, science fiction, romance - the list could go on and on!
Although there are a few guidelines for this challenge, the basic criteria for any book is simply that it must feature something nautical.
Definitions that may help you in deciding if your book fits the challenge:
- Relating to or involving the sea, shipping, vessels & their operation including living & working at sea.
- Relating to or involving ships or shipping or navigation or seamen.
- Having to do with boats, ships, or sailing.
1. Read 10 nautical themed books in 2009.
2. You can join at anytime.
3. Overlapping with other challenges is fine.4. If you will be posting your challenges in your sidebar, please put a button and link up before you sign up for the challenge.
5. You do not have to list your books ahead of time. If you decide to, you can change them as you go. Feel free to remove or add titles as needed.
Since the challenge was posted after the start of 2009, any nautical themed books you have already read in 2009 can be used for this challenge.
To learn more and sign up using Mr. Linky, visit the post about the challenge.
To read reviews of books for this challenge, visit the blog set up for that purpose.