January 1, 2010 - December 15, 2010
This is a very detailed challenge, here's how it works:
To find out more, go to or to join, go directly to the Take the Journey 2010 Reading Challenge group or visit the post about the challenge.First, to join, you must join the group on book blogs, here.During 2010 I will be hosting a reading challenge designed to broaden our literary horizons, move us out of our comfort zone, and help us discover new and uncharted worlds of fun and adventure.
“One change makes way for the next, giving us the opportunity to grow.” Vivian Buchen
Join me, and let’s make 2010 the year we and others celebrate the World of Books.
Challenge Guidelines: This challenge isn’t designed to be easy, so the weak-at-heart may want to exit by the side door. For those of you who are still here, let’s get started. A. Challenge ends on December 15, 2010. Your goal is to accumulate as many points as you can during 2010. Best of success to everyone. I can't wait to begin. All points must be accrued from Jan 1 - Dec 15, 2010.
1. Read 40 or more books by new authors you’ve never read before. (Each book read =4 points)
2. Read 20 or more books by some of your favorite authors. (Each book read = 2 points)
3. Read 3 or more new genres you’ve never tried before. (Each genre = 2 points)
4. Post 12 or more reviews at any site of your choice. (Each review posted = 3 points)
5. Give 1 or more books as gifts during the year. (Each book gift = 2 points)
6. Read 1 or more books to a child (Each book read = 3 points)
7. Read something to an older person, or anyone whose eyesight prevents them from reading for themselves. (Each reading session = 3 Points)
8. Share this reading challenge with a friend. (Each friend that joins the challenge = 3 points)
9. Attend a book event, such as a book signing, book fair, book reading, etc. (Each event = 5 points)
B. Additional Points
1. 30 Points – Become a follower of Between The Pages blog
2. 5 Points – For each month you post your point total updates in our Take The Journey group at Book Blogs.
3. 30 Points – For adding our Take The Journey badge to your blog or website. (email me at email@example.com for the html code)
If you do post the badge, please leave the URL in a comment at the group site. I'd like to reciprocate by adding your site to my blog roll or web links. Thank YouThis challenge operates on the Honor System. Please remember that when posting your point updates.
Enjoy the challenge, and as you do, share some of the highlights at our group site. Let us know what you're reading, where you've posted your reviews so that we can read them, who you're reading too, and how this challenge has inspired or helped you.
All Challenge participants who post point updates on the group site will have their names added to one of our HONOR LISTS: The 100 Club, The 200 Club, The 300 Club, The 400 Club, or The 500 Club. So be sure to post those point updates during the year.
I'll be sending small gifts each month to some of those Challenge participants who post comments and point updates at the group site. These will be chosen randomly. If you want to be added to the Small Rewards list, please indicate that in a comment at the group site, and be sure to add your email to your comment. A form to help you keep your point totals is provided at the group site.