April 1 - November 30, 2010
Bethany at Dreadlock Girl is hosting (once again!) the Orbis Terrarum Challenge for 2010. She has created a new site for the challenge and made a couple of changes.
- You can join anytime - the challenge starts April 1st
- Each reader is to choose 8 books (for the 8 months of the challenge).
- This year Bethany is allowing all the books to be from the same country and by the same author if you'd like (although I would have you you should not choose your OWN country, because this challenge is meant to expose you to the world not your neighborhood!) For example, if you would like to focus on South Africa because you have an interest in that then you can read all your books from that nation if you want.
- You should go by the country of origin of the author, or the country he/she lives in is fine as well-meaning NOT the country the book is set in!!
- You don’t have to have a list, that means you can change your mind at any time. As long as there are 8 books you have completed the challenge.
- Post your reviews in the appropriate continent location as you read along. These can be found by clicking on the images to the right on the dedicated blog.
I am a big believer in not just reading about what is going on in the world, but about doing something about it. For this reason I am going to be reading away for Living Water International during the challenge and donating an amount per book. I also ask that you consider doing the same. If every one of us just gave $1 per book we read during the challenge, that is only 8 dollars, but if we all did it it that would be a good amount (last year we had 74 challengers, reading 8 books= $592 !)You can make your donations directly by going to the Orbis Terrarum Challenge Fundraiser page. (They will send you a receipt for your tax deductible donation directly) Or by clicking the widget in the upper right of this challenge’s page.I’ll post again on this soon.However, you don’t need to feel obligated to donate!!