March 2 - December 31, 2010
Rebecca is hosting the Anne of Green Gables Re-Read Challenge. Here's what she says:
How many of us read Anne of Green Gables when you were young. Whether you read just the first book or quickly devoured the entire series, I’m sure it was a well-loved read. The time has come to dig them out, dust them off and give them a reread.
Option 1: Just the first book, Anne of Green Gables.
"I'm not a bit changed--not really. I'm only just pruned down and branched out. The real ME--back here--is just the same."
Option 2: The eight central books in the series:
- Anne of Green Gables
- Anne of Avonlea
- Anne of the Island
- Anne of Windy Poplars/Windy Willows
- Anne’s House of Dreams
- Anne of Ingleside
- Rainbow Valley
- Rilla of Ingleside
"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."
Option 3: The eight central books listed above as well as any related material you may wish to include. Some suggestions:
- Chronicles of Avonlea – L.M. Montgomery
- Further Chronicles of Avonlea – L.M. Montgomery
- Before Green Gables – Budge Wilson
- Looking for Anne of Green Gables: The Story of L.M. Montgomery and her Literary Classic – Irene Gammel
- any of the several Anne TV/movie adaption's
"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?"
Other Things to Know
- Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- You do not have to stick to the option you choose – feel free to increase or decrease as suits.
- All the Anne series can be found online via Project Gutenberg