Friday, October 15, 2010

The Great War Reading Challenge


June 1, 2010 - June 1, 2011

I am SO late posting this...but since it runs into 2011, there is still time to join. Hosted by Gwen at Once Upon a Time, The Great War Reading Challenge is designed to read books about World War I (fiction and/or nonfiction). Gwen writes:

This is a personal reading challenge, though you're more than welcome to join in! ;-)

Ever since high school (and an excellent teacher!), I have loved history. As I moved on to university (guess what my major was ;-), my fascination with it grew and developed. I took courses in a variety of subjects - medieval, women's, African, British, Canadian - until in my last year I took a World War One course. Ever since then, I have continued to read any non-fiction war book I can get my hands on.

Since beginning this blog in the not so distant past, I decided to formalize my interest in World War One by a personal reading challenge: The Great War Reading Challenge.
Gwen's plan is to read books (either fiction or non-fiction, from any age level) that deal with World War One (1914-1918), its origins, events, and lingering effects.

Learn more and join Gwen by visiting her post about the challenge.