January 1 - December 31, 2011
For some reason I missed this one last year (but I managed to post about the 2009 challenge - go figure!)...but this will be the third year that The Debut Authors Challenge is hosted by The Story Siren. She writes:
I'm extremely excited to be hosting the 2011 Debut Author Challenge! I've worked out a few kinks throughout the years and I'm hoping that this year will be even better than the last!General information and guidelines:
- The objective of the challenge is to read at least twelve novels from Young Adult or Middle Grade Authors. While twelve is the minimum there is no maximum limit!
- Anyone can join. You don't have to be a blogger, and you don't have to live in the United States.
- You do not have to have an blog written in English to participate.
- You can join at anytime.
- Novels must be read between January 1, 2011- December 31, 2011. That means, those of you that have read arc forms of the titles early will not be able to count those toward your challenge totals.
- You can use debuts from other countries, but the novel cannot be previously released in your county.
- Nonbloggers must publish reviews in a public place (read more details on that on the page about the challenge)
- Books must be a Young Adult or Middle Grade novel.
- This must be the authors debut with a release date in 2011.
- If an author has a previous novel published under adult fiction/nonfiction or children's fiction/nonfiction, they can still qualify for the challenge if they are releasing their YA or MG debut (The Story Siren has a list of books which qualify on the page about the challenge).