January 1, 2011 - December 31, 2011
Laura is hosting The Complete Booker 2011 Challenge. Here's what she says:
The Complete Booker originated in August, 2007 to bring together book lovers and book bloggers interested in reading winners of The Man Booker Prize for Fiction. In 2008 we also began posting reviews of short- and long-listed nominees. In three short years, The Complete Booker has blossomed into a rich source of information. We now have reviews of every single Booker Prize winner (except 1977 is missing ... what's up with that? Has no one reviewed Paul Scott's Staying On?). Numerous short- and long-listed titles have also been reviewed here.Each year brings more interesting nominees, and the prize archives are filled with excellent literature. Whether you're new to the Booker Prize or an avid fan, you'll find there are several ways to contribute to The Complete Booker.
- Pick-a-Mix of Six: read 6 winners or nominees from the short- or long-lists
- A Booker's Dozen: read 12 winners or nominees from the short- or long-lists
- Booker Devotee: read the 2011 shortlist (6 books)
- Booker Fanatic: read the 2011 longlist (13 books)
- Overlaps with other challenges are permitted.
- Book selections don't have to be posted right away, and lists may be changed at any time.
- To participate, you must be a contributor to The Complete Booker blog. To become a contributor, please email the moderator (an email address is required, so comments to this post won't work). Note: you can also be a contributor to The Complete Booker blog without taking part in the challenge.
- Publish a challenge post on The Complete Booker blog, describing your specific goals for this challenge.