January 1 - December 31, 2011
As bloggers we are all on timetables to read books, get reviews posted, host giveaways, etc. But we also travel around to other blogs and see books we would just like to read because of the bloggers recommendation or the cover or title catches our interest. The Meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey “It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?” adds more books to my Wish List and To-Be-Read pile every week.
As followers you get our recommendations, win books from us, pick up books at the library or purchase them from a store.
But our lives are so busy these books sometimes sit in our To-Be-Read piles for months or even years.
This year I am hosting this challenge to encourage you to read some of those books.
12 books in 12 months.
- Sign-ups will close at 11:59 p.m. CST on January 31, 2011.
- Read 1, yes, just 1 book for fun each month. Bloggers if you feel compelled to review the book you can but it is not required.
- All book formats are allowed, printed, audio, e-book.
- These books can be counted in your total books read for the year challenge but hope you don’t cross them over to any other challenges. They are supposed to be read JUST FOR FUN!
- Everyone that completes the Challenge, 12 books in 12 months read JUST FOR FUN will be entered in a drawing for a $25 dollar Amazon.com Gift Certificate or $25 at The Book Depository for International Participants.
- There will also be one lucky winner that will win all 12 of my books read just for fun! (US Participants Only for this prize)
To join, go to
Just For Fun Reading Challenge.