Ireland Reading Challenge for 2011. She writes:
Last year’s challenge was a lot of fun, and helped me clear some of my Ireland-related titles off of my to-read shelves. Of course, I’ve since added more. In the next week or so, I will be posting a list of suggested titles and authors to help with your challenge.Details of the Challenge:
- Any books read for this challenge can also apply to other challenges you are working on.
- Re-reads are allowed.
- Any book written by an Irish author, set in Ireland, or involving Irish history or Irish characters, counts for the challenge – fiction, non-fiction, poetry, audiobooks, children’s books – all of these apply.
- You don’t have to list your books ahead of time – just have fun reading throughout the year.
- Choose your commitment level:
- Shamrock level: 2 books
- Luck o’ the Irish level: 4 books
- Kiss the Blarney Stone level: 6 books
Thanks to Serena, who had a wonderful idea, we will be adding a new element this year. In the month of March, in honor of St. Patrick’s Day, we will do a read-along for any challenge participants or other bloggers who are interested. I have no idea which book we should read for the read-along, though, so please leave your suggestions in the comments. I will compile a list and post a poll in which you can vote for your pick.For more information and to sign up, visit the post about the challenge.