Wednesday, December 8, 2010

2011 Wendell Berry Challenge


January 1 - December 31, 2011
Carrie from Books and Movies is hosting the 2011 Wendell Berry Challenge. She writes:
Every once in a while, I discover an author whose work simply takes my breath away. Wendell Berry is one of those authors. He is prolific and versatile, writing novels, short fiction, poetry, and essays. His work makes me think, makes me cry, makes me laugh – and changes me. He is an author that I want people to know about, and so I decided to host a challenge designed to introduce more people to his work.
The details:
  1. Any books read for this challenge can also apply to other challenges you are working on.
  2. Re-reads are allowed.
  3. You don’t have to list your books ahead of time – just have fun reading throughout the year.
  4. Choose your commitment level:
  • Dangling your toes: 2 books
  • Getting your feet wet: 3 books
  • Wading on in: 4 books, including one essay or poetry collection
  • Diving headfirst: 6 books, including one essay or poetry collection
For more information (including links to author site and list of available titles by this author), and to sign up...visit the post about the challenge.