January 1 - December 31, 2011
The new guidelines and sign ups for the 2011 War Through The Generations Challenge are up! In 2011, readers will be reading books centered around the U.S. Civil War.
- This year you have options when reading your fiction, nonfiction, graphic novels, etc. with the U.S. Civil War as the primary or secondary theme.
- Books can take place before, during, or after the war. Books from other challenges count so long as they meet the above criteria.
- Dip: Read 3-5 books in any genre with the U.S. Civil War as a primary or secondary theme.
- Wade: Read 6-10 books in any genre with the U.S. Civil War as a primary or secondary theme.
- Swim: Read 11 or more books in any genre with the U.S. Civil War as a primary or secondary theme.
*Participants anywhere in the world are eligible for most prizes in the post-challenge drawing!**
*Prize drawings will be for participants finishing the minimum 3-5 books.
*Participants can always read more than their initial goals, and even if you sign up for 11+, but read just 3-5, you officially completed the challenge and are eligible for prizes.
You can decide which books you’d like to read right away, or you can choose them during the course of the challenge. Check out the Recommended Reading: U.S. Civil War (page is coming soon) page for suggestions.
There will also be a group review on War Through the Generations midway through the challenge. Book to be determined in the coming months.
Sign ups will be ongoing.
For more information, and to sign up...visit the War Through The Generations blog and the post about the challenge for 2011.