January 1-December 31, 2011
Christina of Reading Extensively is hosting the Page to Screen Reading Challenge. She writes:
After all the fun I had with participating in reading challenges, I have decided to host my own for 2011! I love watching movies that are based on books and I've even decided to read books after seeing movie trailers that looked promising like The Lord of the Rings and Atonement.
I decided to hold The Page to Screen Reading Challenge to encourage people to read books and watch movies that are based on books.
- One participant will win their choice of book worth up to $15 from Amazon.com or The Book Depository (for international participants in countries that Book Depository ships to).
- Participants must reach reading level one (5 books) by December 31, 2011 to be entered in the drawing.
- Read books that were made into movies or T.V. shows
- Rereads count!
- You can also watch the movies/T.V. shows as part of the challenge but it is not a requirement
- If you watch T.V. shows, you should watch 2 hours of the show to be equal to one movie
- Books that are currently being made into movies also count as long as the movie will be released sometime in 2011