Saturday, January 1, 2011

Southern Literature Challenge



January 1-Decemnber 31, 2011

Jen of The Introverted Reader is hosting the Southern Literature Challenge.  She writes:

I am proud of my Southern heritage, troubled and imperfect as it may be, and I love to read books set in my region. It sometimes feels like we are a little under-represented in the publishing world, so I would love to encourage any of you who haven't read any Southern lit to give it a try!  And, of course, if you're already a fan, I would love to see what you're reading so that I can add to my ever-growing to-read list!  So here is my Southern lit challenge!

Read a book(s)--non-fiction or fiction of any genre, adult or young adult--written by an author from the South and set mostly in the South.

Definitions of the South are flexible, so I've decided to define it the way I want. That's the fun of hosting your own challenge, right? :-)

The states:
South Carolina
Georgia
Alabama
North Carolina
Virginia
Tennessee
Mississippi
Louisiana
Kentucky
West Virginia
Texas
Florida--as long as you find a book by a Florida author and/or set in Florida that feels Southern.

Levels:

Level 1--C'mon in the house! Read 1 book.

Level 2--Pull up a seat and stay a while! Read 2 books

Level 3--Have a glass of sweet iced tea, honey. Read 3 books

Level 4--Y'all come back now, y'hear! Read 4 books

To join, go to the Southern Literature Challenge.