Thursday, December 23, 2010

A-Z Mystery Author Challenge

January 1-December 31, 2011

Michelle at Red Headed Book Child is hosting her very first Challenge, the A-Z Mystery Author Challenge.  She writes:

This challenge came out of one of my shifts at the library. I was shelving in the mystery section and I discovered an amazing amount of authors who I have never read and have never heard of. I knew there are many mystery authors out there having come from book retail but the library seemed to have more of a variety vs. the bestsellers. I liked that!

Mysteries being one of my favorite genres I am confident I will enjoy this challenge. I thought it would help to do it in an A-Z format. Keep it simple and organized!My goal for this challenge is to simply discover new mystery authors, whether they are suspense, cozy, noir, or thriller. I am going to try to use the last name of the author in my A-Z but if I have to, I may use the first name as well.

To complete the challenge, I would read 26 books, one for each letter of the alphabet. That would be TOP but I would be happy if I read 12, one for every month. I am working on a prize for anyone who completes the challenge. It will either be a new mystery book to giveaway OR a favorite of mine!
 Sign up ends February 1, 2011.
  • Read A-I, J-P or Q-Z. You choose. The letter group you choose must be the last name of the author. (i.e= S for John Sandford).
  • Mystery genre can include Cozy, Suspense, Thriller, or Noir. All Adult novels please.
  • Write a post about this challenge and which group/s you pick. You can list the authors you choose or do it as you go. 
To join, go to A-Z Mystery Author Challenge.