Thursday, December 23, 2010

Maisie Dobbs Read-Along!

January - May, 2011

Jennifer over at Book Club Girl is hosting a Maisie Dobbs Read-a-Long. She writes:

It's true, I am mad for Maisie! I read the first book in Jacqueline Winspear's Maisie Dobbs series last month and now I have set myself the challenge of reading through the entire series in time for the paperback release of The Mapping of Love and Death in February and the release of the newest Maisie Dobbs mystery, A Lesson in Secrets, in March. But rather than calling it a challenge (because honestly, who can even think about a challenge right now?) I'm inviting everyone to join my Maisie Dobbs Read-Along and join me to read one, two, or if you want, all of her books!

I'll be posting questions for each book according to the schedule below and encourage new and old fans to join in the conversation. We'll invite Jacqueline herself to join us on Book Club Girl on Air in April to talk all things Maisie and we'll have contests and prizes along the way (check out the one just for signing up below!)
For those who haven't yet met Maisie, you're in for a treat. Winspear has created an amazing character in Maisie Dobbs, who is a female investigator living and working in London in the 1920s and 30s, and whose stories and cases find their roots in World War I. Visit Jacqueline Winspear's website for more on the world of Maisie Dobbs and for a cast of continuing characters.

 Here's the schedule of when I'll post questions to discuss for each of the books. January 14th - Maisie Dobbs January 31st - Birds of a Feather February 14th - Pardonable Lies 
February 22nd - Paperback edition of The Mapping of Love and Death goes on saleFebruary 28th - Messenger of TruthMarch 14th - An Incomplete Revenge 
March 22nd - Hardcover of A Lesson in Secrets goes on sale
March 28th- Among the MadApril 11th- The Mapping of Love and Death April 25th - A Lesson in Secrets 

To join, go to Maisie Dobbs Read-a-Long.