Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 South Asia Reading Challenge

January 1 - December 31, 2011

Rob from South of West is hosting the South Asia Reading Challenge. He writes:

One of the joys about moving from Africa to South Asia is the massive array of writing connected with this part of the world, in contrast with my old home – where the history and legends were passed on by mouth until much more recently. So I thought I’d kick off a South Asia Reading Challenge to help me find new books and old classics about the place. The rules are on a dedicated page, where I’ll be listing participants and their chosen books.

Participants sign up to read six books during 2011 written by authors from South Asia, or who deal with themes about the region, that are set in the region. The more creative the connection the better.

Rob has some links for reading recommendations:

For more information and to sign up, check out the dedicated page.