January 1 - December 31, 2011
Book After Book is hosting the Italy in Books Challenge. She writes:
Why this challenge? This year I’ve decided to host a reading challenge because I think that they are a brilliant idea. They help to make reading a more collective experience and are a great way to find out more about any particular author/genre/topic and get to know about books you might never have come across. I chose this topic because - as an Italian who has been living abroad for many years now - I feel the need to learn more about my home country and I’m curious to see the difference between the way it is portrayed by native Italians and others.The details of the challenge:
- The aim of the challenge is to read at least 12 books that are set in Italy. Whether written by Italian authors or not, it doesn’t matter. They don’t have to be set exclusively in Italy but this country needs to play a significant role in the book.
- The challenge can include non-fiction books about Italy. You can also review Italian learning books but this is limited to a maximum of two titles.
- The challenge is open to bloggers and non bloggers alike.
- There will be monthly prizes for participants.
- You don't need to select your books at the beginning of the challenge. You can choose them as you go. If you do want to make a list of the books you aim to read, don’t feel bound to it.