January 1 - December 31, 2011
Book After Book is hosting an LGBT Challenge. She writes:
Why this challenge? LGBT literature is so rich and varied and worth talking more about. That’s why I am hosting this challenge: to keep learning and sharing reading experiences. And, why not, to do my own tiny bit for a more accepting world – one book at a time!The details of the challenge:
- You can decide how many books you want to read during the year
- The more you read, the more prize draws you’ll be able to enter
- What qualifies as LGBT reading?
- books whose author is LGBT, whose topic is LGBT and/or whose characters (even minor ones) are LGBT.
- Fiction and non-fiction titles are equally accepted.
- The challenge is open to bloggers and non bloggers alike.
- There will be monthly prizes for participants.
- You don't need to select your books at the beginning of the challenge. You can choose them as you go. If you do want to make a list of the books you aim to read, don’t feel bound to it.