Monthly – perpetual
- Read at least one book every month that you've owned for 6 months or more and have never read previously, then write us a post about it. Please write at least a minimal review (no spoilers!), and any interesting anecdotes you have about how you came to own the book in the first place are always appreciated.
- The linky here will open at 12:00 a.m. (US Pacific) on the 5th day of every month, and will remain open until 12:00 a.m. on the 8th. Simply add your text link TO THE RELEVANT POST ONLY to the linky list, place the Challenge badge on your site, and try and visit as many of the others' links as possible. (Html code for the Challenge Badge can be found in the right sidebar.) Please leave comments wherever you visit--silent hovering depresses me.
- Choose from the three possibilities the level of backloggedness from which you suffer, and follow the guidelines accordingly. Please indicate your level in each Library Challenge post.
Levels of Backlog:
- Running Behind--You need to catch up on your reading a bit, and feel this challenge would be a good motivator to do so. You are committing to read one book per month that fits the requirement, and nothing else.
- Sinking Fast--You feel swamped and hemmed in by the books, which are beginning to take over your life by conquering most of the flat surfaces in your home. You are ready to commit to not buying any more books each month--including e-books!--until AFTER you've read that month's challenge book.
- Biblio Rehab--Every time someone in your family hears you mention a new book you've heard about, they hide your wallet and car keys, dead-bolt the front door, and put you on buy-or-borrow watch. Admit to yourself that you MUST NOT set foot in a bookstore or library until AFTER you've finished a challenge book for the month.
For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.