Sunday, November 6, 2011

Short Stories on Wednesdays

short-stories-on-wednesdays-2012

January – December 2012

I finally decided to start a short story meme of my own. Hence, in the beginning of July 2011, Short Stories on Wednesdays was born.
I have been having fun with this meme. I’ve been introduced to new short story writers through reviews that others have shared, and I’ve been encouraged to whittle down my collection bit by bit. So, I’ve decided to continue with this meme next year. However, I’ve decided to make just a few changes to make our Wednesdays a wee bit more interesting in 2012.

  • I thought it might be a nice idea to have a theme in the last Wednesday of every month. Those who join in on the meme during that week will have to pick a story to read that revolves around the given theme. It should be interesting to note what various authors can do with just one topic, right?
  • I also thought it would be interesting to have guest posts, once a month, by fellow bloggers dealing with either essay-type questions on short stories or having them post one of their own short stories.
  • If there is any short story writer out their who would like to give away a few copies of their collections I’d be happy to host a giveaway here on every second Wednesday of each month. Guest posts by writers would also be welcome.
The short story form is rather under-appreciated, and it would be nice, I think, to draw more people to the genre. I know I’ve spent the last few months enjoying my short story sessions!


For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.