January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012
Welcome to the Speculative Romance Challenge 2012! Over the last year I have read more and more romance, mainly paranormal and especially angels (hence the button LOL), but for a girl who didn't read romance at all it's pretty good. This is the reason for this challenge, to read other sub-romance genres under the 'speculative' umbrella. So I hope you will join in too! For more details see below.
• Timeline: 01 Jan 2012 - 31 Dec 2012
• Rules: There are FOUR (4) LEVELS to choose from:
- One Sexy Demon: Read 6 Speculative Romance novels in 2012
- Two Sexy Werewolves: Read 12 Speculative Romance novels in 2012
- Three Sexy Vampires: Read 18 Speculative Romance novels in 2012
- Four Sexy Archangels: Read 24 Speculative Romance novels in 2012
• You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
• You can join at anytime. All books read in 2012 count towards the challenge regardless of when you sign up.
• At the beginning of Jan 2012, you will find a link to specific month to add your reviews.
• Audiobooks do not count, but all other formats are accepted.
• Only fiction, no non-fiction.
• This challenge can crossover to other challenges.
• You don't have to have a blog to join in - for those without a blog just FILL IN THIS FORM and I will add you to the list - just join the discussion in the comments section to let us know when you've read a book and what you thought of it! :)
- Paranormal romance
- Dark fantasy romance
- Urban fantasy romance
- Steampunk romance
- Sci-fi romance
- Apocalyptic romance
If you can think of any other sub-genres let me know by leaving a comment and I will add to the list. I often get emailed asking if such and such a book is classed as romance - in my opinion as long as the main plot line is the romance element then you're good to go! Also remember, this is 'speculative' romance so no historical or contemporary allowed ;)
For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.