January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012
For this year’s reading challenge I thought we’d have a little fun with colors. Each month has been assigned a color (along with some common alternate words to add variety). You just have to find a book with that color in the title. That’s it! As you read, come post the title and author of the book for that month below. At the end of the year… anyone who has post EACH MONTH, and completed ALL COLORS, will receive a handmade (by me) bracelet with a bead for each color, and a book charm to finish it off. I’m working on a grand prize (one random winner, only) basket of lovely, color themed books as well, but that will be a WIP during the year. In order to qualify for the bracelet, or be entered into the grand prize drawing for the basket, you MUST post each month with your title/author. If you post any reviews about the books you’ve read for this challenge, please post the link in your comment and I’ll send it out on Books Make Me Happy Twitter and Facebook streams. *All books must be at least 200 pages, or the ebook equivalent.*
Colors for each month are:
- January – Red (burgundy, claret, crimson, fuchsia, garnet, magenta, maroon, ruby, scarlet, rose, cherry)
- February – Purple (violet, lavender, amethyst, lilac, plum, periwinkle)
- March – Aquamarine (teal, turquoise)
- April – Clear (transparent, translucent, crystal, diamond)
- May – Green (emerald, jade, malachite, lime, pine, sage)
- June – Black
- July – Pink (blush, carnation, mauve)
- August - Brown (chocolate, tan, bronze)
- September – Blue (cobalt, cerulean, navy, indigo, sapphire)
- October – White (snowy)
- November – Orange (peach, salmon, coral, tangerine, copper)
- December – Silver (sterling, platinum, chrome, gray)
If you think you’ll have trouble finding books with the correct colors… check places like GoodReads.com and Google Books. Just search for the color and see what pops up!! (If you find a book with a color-type word you want to use, but it’s not on the list, email me or @ me on twitter to check.) Hopefully this will encourage all of us to look outside of our “tried and true” and find some fantastic new books. I’ll be posting my book/author each month below, can’t wait to see what YOU all find!!
Good Luck, and Happy Reading!!!
For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.