Friday, January 6, 2012

Read the Bible 2012

January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012


I was planning to do this challenge completely solo, but figured I might as well open it up for public consumption.  It’s been a while since I’ve read the Bible and I’ve been wanting to read the beautiful edition that was given to Jaime and me as a wedding present.

For anyone who might be considering doing this challenge with me, please continue reading.

Rules…
  1. You must read every book of the Bible – Old and New Testament.  (lists below)
    • For those a bit intimidated, feel free to choose just New or Old Testament, but let us know in the comments!
  2. You are not required to read the supplemental additions included in most bibles.
  3. All reading must be done between January 1st, 2012 and December 31st, 2012.
  4. Keep track of your reading.  A blog isn’t necessary, just keep track of it however you feel.
    I would normally suggest Goodreads, but from the looks of it, they don’t list the books of the Bible individually.
  5. If you want to participate, drop a comment below and sign up with Mr. Linky at the end of the post.
Mini-challenges, I guess…
  1. Post a favorite verse from each book.
  2. Read the supplemental information included in your Bible.
  3. Find a study guide (online, in your Bible, in another book, anywhere) and answer a few questions about the book that you are currently on.

For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.