It’s back! This is the second annual Read to Me – A Picture Book Reading Challenge! During it’s initial year the Picture Book Reading Challenge was my most visited page and I’m thrilled to say it had nearly 100 participants. I’m hoping that 2012 will bring just as many eager participants to share their love of picture books with the little ones we all know and love. Below is a bit more info about the challenge, be sure to read it over and don’t be afraid to ask questions! Good luck and thanks so much for joining in!
- The objective of the Read to Me Challenge is to read with the kiddos in your life and/or enjoy picture books in general.
- Books must be ones written expressly for children ages 9 and under. Board books, early readers, picture books, etc.
- Print or eBook format is acceptable.
- Anyone can join. You don’t have to be a blogger, and you don’t have to live in the United States. Open worldwide.
- You do not have to have an blog to participate.
- You can join at anytime. Deadline to join is November 20, 2012. (Not 2011, so you still have PLENTY of time to sign up!) The challenge runs from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012.
How To Participate:1. Decide which challenge level you’ll be doing (see below).
2. Decide if you intend to read them with a child or on your own. Sorry, but those who read with a child get twice as many entries each month. Although those that do read with a child need to share their experience with the them in their review.
3. Grab a button.
4. Create your own post to let all your readers know you’re taking part in the challenge and at what level. Make sure to link back to this page with either one of the buttons or a text link.
5. Use the link form below to enter into the challenge by sharing your challenge post url and your name (either your name, blog name, or both). Please only use the comment section to participate if you do not have a blog. All other participants should use Mr. Linky below with a direct link to your challenge post.
6. Submit your reviews as you complete them on the designated monthly post to be qualified for monthly prize drawings.
7. There will be a “wrap-up” completion link-up at the end of the year to sign up for to share in your successes.
Challenge Levels:Reading with a Child:
- “Planting” – Read 12 picture books with a child during the year.
- “Watering” – Read 36 picture books with a child during the year.
- “Feeding” – Read 72 picture books with a child during the year.
- “Growing” – Read 120 picture books with a child during the year.
- “Harvesting” – Read 200 picture books with a child during the year.
- “Board Book” – Read 12 picture books on your own during the year.
- “Unjacketed” – Read 36 picture books on your own during the year.
- “Jacketed“ – Read 72 picture books on your own during the year.
- “Early Reader” – Read 120 picture books on your own during the year.
- “Chapter Reader” – Read 200 picture books on your own during the year.
(This is a new category for 2012. Last year I had numerous requests for a category for non-reviewers, but I wanted to make sure the books were actually recorded on a blog. This is the only category where a blog is required and a monthly “wrap-up” post detailing the book titles & authors you read throughout the month.)
- “Strolling” – Read 200 picture books during the year.
- “Observing” – Read 400 picture books during the year.
- “Plowing” – Read 600 picture books during the year.
- “Saturating” – Read 700 picture books during the year.
- “Blooming” – Read 1,000 picture books during the year. (I’d love to see someone reach this goal! I may even try myself!)