Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Project Downton

Project Downton is a Downton Abbey Inspired Book Scavenger Hunt! Come help us find more awesome Downton inspired books!

I am on a Downton Abbey scavenger hunt and I need your help!
If you want to see what prompted this concept see my original post. 
Project Downton Begins! 
I am calling on all my fellow historical fiction and Downton Abbey fans….help me with Project Downton! I am hoping to compile a book list of Edwardian era inspired fiction books, not just for my own TBR list, but for everyone enjoyment.
Edwardian era lit seems to be a rather obscure time period for most literary buffs….for me personally I love the Edwardian era historically but sadly I know little of the literature in this period save classics like A Room with a View and Mrs Dalloway….I feel fairly certain I am NOT the only one out there dying for more Downton Abbey and Edwardian inspired books. Since I couldn’t find a good list, I decided to take matters into my own hands :)
Heres how you can help…I will create a page and Linky so you can link book titles and reviews. They can be any genre: YA, sci-fi, romance, mystery, fantasy, historic fiction, classics…anything. It would be great to see as many fiction books as possible but non-fiction will do was well–give us a variety at least :) .
This is NOT a ‘reading challenge’ by any means….we are simply scavenging to find Downton-inspired books. If you don’t know what to look for here are some suggested criteria:
This is a very casual and fun Project…..if you see interesting articles, video clips, discussions, or news about Downton you please post them in the comments field…we want to save the Linky for book recommendations only.