Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Into Horror Read-a-Thon


April 23rd - 29th 2012


It's coming...to shake up your peaceful spring. ;O)  Yup, it's the Spring into Horror Read-a-Thon, April 23 at 12:00am CST to April 29 at 11:59pm CST (adjust times according to your time zone).  Now don't let the word 'horror' scare you away from this read-a-thon.  You do have to read at least one scary book during the duration of the read-a-thon.  That book can be horror, paranormal, thriller, mystery, etc.  The rest of the read-a-thon, you can read whatever you want.  More horror/scary stuff or just your regular reading repertoire.  As always, this is a week long read-a-thon, but you can join in and read whenever it's convenient for you.  It's all about being laid back and getting some reading done...with a little bit of scary thrown in.

I really want to do this read-a-thon a bit differently this time.  Meaning, more focus on the reading and less focus on mini-challenges.  What I'm thinking is possibly some short reading sprints or something along those lines.  If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to leave me a comment.  I'll also still be looking for prize donations (or anyone who would like to host a giveaway or something), but I'm not going to be seeking them as intensively as previously.  I know many people that joined my previous read-a-thons have expressed a desire to focus more on the reading and I'm thinking I'm of a like mind.  Whatever prize donations I do receive will be awarded in participant giveaways mostly.  

For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.