January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013
This is the first year that I will be hosting the Genre Variety Reading Challenge. If there is already a challenge similar to this, please can you let me know as I don’t want to encroach on anyone’s ideas. This is just something that came to me that I hope will be fun and that others will enjoy.
But what is it?
The challenge is to read books from different genres throughout the year. I have found that blogging has opened my eyes to so many genres that I would never have tried before, simply from recommendations, and the idea of this challenge is to keep that going. The challenge is to read a large variety of genres within one year.
Other Important Info;
- Runs from January 1st 2013 until December 31st 2013. Sign ups will be open until December 1st 2013.
- There are five levels to challenge yourself too. You may move up a level but not go down a level. These are all outlined below. Please mention in your sign up post which level you will aim for.
- The genres you choose to read are up to you. As long as every book is different, whichever genre you wish to read you can.
- Every month there will be a post on this blog to link up to your update post / review(s)
- There will be a giveaway at the end of the challenge, and maybe a few within the year but these are TBD.
- To sign up, you will need to write a post saying which level you are challenging yourself too and then use the linky list. Non-Bloggers may post in the comments of [the host’s] post.
- Any book formats are accepted.
- Novellas and Novels are all accepted for this challenge.
- YA, NA and Adult books all count towards this challenge.
- New sub-genres are accepted. (for example, paranormal-romance, or historical-romance)
- Careful; 6 different genres, 6 books
- Cautious; 12 different genres, 12 books
- Branching; 18 different genres, 18 books
- Avid Reader; 24 different genres, 24 books
- Champion; 30 different genres, 30 books
This is just a list of the vast variety of genres you have to choose from. I have probably missed a lot, so feel free to branch off from this. These are just suggestions.
This reading challenge is hosted by A Daydreamer's Thoughts. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.