Sunday, November 25, 2012

2013 Genre/Sub-Genre Reading Challenge

January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013


I always thought that I read "almost everything" but even after several years of blogging, reviews, and challenges I realized that I still limit myself when it comes to the sub-genres. Of course, I can't just read more sub-genres....I've got to make a challenge out it! ;-)

Requirements:

  • read three books from each genre
  • each book must be a different sub-genre (sub-genres can be found here at Writer's Digest)
  • each book counts only once for this challenge
  • books may overlap with other challenges
  • any format allowed (print, ebook, audio)
  • reviews are not necessary but a list of books read is.
  • a blog is not necessary, just comment that you want to join in

There are TWO levels:

  • read two from each main genre
  • read three form each main genre
Now for the main genres. . .

Romance

Horror

Thriller/Suspense

Science Fiction/Fantasy

Mystery/Crime

This is not how I usually think of them but this is how Writer's Digest has broken them down. Check out the sub-genres descriptions and it will make sense.

One more requirement....go ahead a start on the 1st and get a head start on your reading!


This reading challenge is hosted by Gina at Book Dragon's Lair. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.