January 1, 2013 – December 1, 2013
Since I vastly underestimated the amount of time it takes to read Anne Rice novels, I still have a lot left to read after the 2012 Anne Rice Challenge. So I've decided to host the challenge again!
Join me in one of several levels, according to how many Anne Rice books you plan to read in 2013.
- Ebooks are fine. Audiobooks are fine as long as they are the unabridged versions.
- Rereads and crossovers with other challenges are fine.
- You can change your level at any time.
- The challenge goes from January 1st to December 31st, 2013.
- If you read, for example, the edition that has the first 3 Vampire Chronicles books together in one volume, that still counts as 3. We're going by how the books were originally published.
- All books written by Anne Rice count, not just the Vampire Chronicles, including those written under a pseudonym.
- You can sign up any time from now until November 30, 2013.
- Louis de Pointe du Lac (1 to 5 books)
- Lestat de Lioncourt (6 to 10 books)
- Armand (11 to 15 books)
- Marius de Romanus (16 to 20 books)
- Maharet (21 to 25)
- Akasha (26 to 30)
I'm aiming for the Armand level this year. I have 13 Anne Rice books left to read, and I'm going to read as many of them as possible. I finished most of my rereads and a few new ones in 2012. The only reread I have left is The Vampire Armand. The books I plan to read are as follows:
- Servant of the Bones
- The Vampire Armand
- Vittorio the Vampire
- Blood and Gold
- Blackwood Farm
- Blood Canticle
- Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt
- Christ the Lord: The Road to Cana