January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013
Level 1: read and review 12 books during the year (you could spread them out and read one a month or have a blast and read all 12 in a row!)
Level 2: read and review 24 books during the year (same as above only you would read two a month for the slow rate)
Basic: no change from last year. just read any book generally considered a graphic novel, manga, or collection of comics, write a review and link to your post.
Advanced: For advanced play we are going to play categories. Players will pick 1 book from each of the 12 categories below. If you are playing at Level 2 you could double up, choosing two from each category, or use the remainder as free picks. You only have to read one book from each of the 12 categories.
3. classic adaptation (a classic work adapted into the graphic format)
6. translated from a foreign language
7. a single-issue comic book
9. crime or mystery
10. fairytale or mythology (true to the original or fractured, such as Fables series)
11. children's book (specifically written for children)
12. anthology (a collection of short stories by different authors/artists)
This reading challenge is hosted by Graphic Novels Challenge. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.