July 1, 2013 – July 31, 2013
Here’s the challenge in a nutshell (there are more detailed guidelines below): Between July 1st and July 31st, read as many books as you can either by Canadian authors, or set in Canada. Post reviews on your blog (or, if you don’t have a blog, GoodReads, Amazon, Chapters/Indigo, Barnes & Noble, etc., will do), then post the link in the Linky that will be posted on all three hosts’ blogs on July 1st.
PURPOSE OF THIS CHALLENGE:
To bring attention to Canadian authors and show the love! I’m sure a lot of people will be surprised that some of their favorite authors are Canadian, or that authors they’ve heard of but haven’t read yet are Canadian.
- Please follow all three of your hosts in some way (GFC, BlogLovin’, Networked Blogs, email, whatever is available and whatever your preference is)
- To complete the challenge and be eligible for the prizes, you must read and review at least one book either by a Canadian author or set in Canada. Each book read and reviewed counts as an entry in the giveaway, so the more books you review, the more chances you have to win. You can find a list of Canadian authors here (if you know of any others, feel free to leave a comment and they’ll be added to the list – this list was made last year for the challenge and hasn’t been updated since).
- A Linky will be posted on July 1st for you to add your reviews to. Reviews must be posted for the first time between July 1st and July 31st to count toward the challenge.
- You can sign up anytime, as long as you follow the rest of the guidelines. Sign-ups will remain open until July 30th so that people who see this in July and want to participate won’t be left out.
- This challenge is open to everyone. You don’t have to blog to participate, as long as you can post your reviews somewhere (GoodReads, Amazon, etc.). Also, you do not have to be Canadian – our co-host Patricia is American, which I think is pretty cool!
- Audiobooks, ebooks, and novellas do count for this challenge.
This reading challenge is hosted by Workaday Reads. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.