January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014
Welcome to the 2nd Annual Monthly Key Word Reading Challenge! For this challenge I have chosen six key words associated with each month in 2014. Your task is to read one book each month whose title includes one or more of the key words for that month.
* The title you choose can be a variation on one of the key words. For example- your title could include the word 'snowing' or 'snowflake' even though the key word is 'snow.'
*Key words can be tweaked. For example- You could read "Cinder" or "Ashes" for the key word 'Fire' and that would be just fine. If the key word is 'family' then your title could include the word 'sister' or 'mother.'If the key word is 'food' then your title could include the word 'cake.'
* Link up below to participate and add additional links any time you post about the challenge or post about a book you read for the challenge.
(Please read the linky instructions carefully)
* If you plan on participating, please sign up on the linky with your blog name & "sign up" (example: Bookmark to Blog Sign Up)
* Each month, by the 1st, I will post a new linky for you to add a link to your monthly read. This can be a link to your Goodreads review, your blog post about the book, etc. You monthly link should say your blog name & the month. (example: Bookmark to Blog January)
* The sign up linky can be found below.
Jan- Around the World
Choose a book to read that takes place in a country different than the one you live in or choose a book written by an author that is from a country different than your own.
Feb- Award Winner
Read a book that won recognition or an award in 2012.
Mar- Fairy tales or Fairy Creatures
Read a fairy tale retelling or a book with fey/fairies in it.
Apr- Short & Sweet
Read a collection of short stories or anthologies.
May- Mystery, Murder, & Mayhem
Read a murder/mystery book, a book in which someone dies of mysterious causes, or a book in which a mystery must be solved.
June- A Long Journey
Read a book in which the character(s) take a trip, go on a quest, or find themselves on a journey toward something, etc.
July- Assassins, Warriors, & Rebels
Read a book in which the main character is one of these things or fights against one of these things.
Aug- Alternate Reality
Read a book that's set in the future, on another planet, in another dimension, or in an unknown world. A Dystopian book will count this month as well.
Sep- Book to Movie
Read a book that has a movie based off of it. For an extra challenge, see the movie as well.
Oct- The Witching Hour
There's been a lot of zombies lately, but this year include a 'witchy' book in your scary reads- a book about a witch or a book that has witches in it.
Nov- An Oldie but a Goodie
Pick a book published before 2000 that you've always wanted to read, but just never got to. Or pick a book set in the past (before 2000).
Dec- That's a Wrap
Finish a series you've been meaning to finish or read the next book in a series you started but never finished.
Have fun!!! (For an extra challenge, try pairing this with the Monthly Key Word Reading Challenge.)
This reading challenge is hosted by Bookmark To Blog. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.