December 2, 2013 – February 3, 2014
With the conclusion to the fabulous Night Huntress series coming in January, the girls and I took that as an excuse to re-read the entire Night Huntress series, with all the novellas and spin-offs (aka Night Prince and World books) in chronological order. Honestly, we really didn’t need an excuse, it is a great series after all, but why not celebrate this series by doing a read-along?
So that’s what we’re doing. Each week starting December 2nd, we’ll be posting a discussion of each novel, with the final one being posted a week after the release of Up from the Grave. After all, it’s the end of the series, we’re going to want to talk about it, right? If you want to join us in our re-read, here’s the schedule of when each discussion will be posted. Please notice we’ll be combining the Night World, Night Prince, and novella stories into one discussion since don’t necessarily directly impact the Night Huntress story arcs.
- Dec 2nd: Halfway to the Grave (Read the first 20% here)
- Dec 9th: One Foot in the Grave (Read the first 20% here)
- Dec 16th: At Grave’s End (Read the first 20% here)
- Dec 23rd: Destined for an Early Grave (Read the first 20% here)
- Dec 30th: First Drop of Crimson (Read the first 20% here) and Eternal Kiss of Darkness(Read the first 20% here)
- Jan 6th: This Side of the Grave (Read the first 20% here)
- Jan 13th: One Grave at a Time (Read the first 20% here)
- Jan 20th: Once Burned (Read the first 20% here) and Twice Tempted (Read the first 20% here)
- Jan 27th: Novellas
- Reckoning (from Unbound)
- Happily Never After (from Weddings from Hell)
- Devil to Pay (from Four Dukes and a Devil)
- One for the Money (from Magic Graves and Death’s Excellent Vacation)
- Home for the Holidays (from The Bite Before Christmas)
- Feb 3rd: Up from the Grave (Read the first 20%)
In addition to the weekly discussion, we’ll also be hosting two live Bookish Escape discussions – one either the week of Jan 13th or 20th, prior to the release of Up from the Grave, and a second one for the first week of February. This way we can concentrate on getting caught up before reading Cat & Bones’ final adventure and then discussing their ultimate (and hopefully) HEA. To add to the awesomeness, Jeaniene Frost will be joining us for the second live discussion, so you’ll be able to ask any questions you have from Up from the Grave or beg/plead with her to bring Cat & Bones back in some manner. *grin*
Up from the Grave releases January 28th, are you ready?
This reading event is hosted by Literary Escapism. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.