January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014
~Challenge Details and Guidelines~This reading challenge event is hosted by Ramblings of a Daydreamer. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.
- The challenge will run from January 1st, 2014 - December 31st, 2014. Sign-ups will remain open until December 15th, 2014
- You don’t have to have a blog to participate, as long as you can post your reviews somewhere (GoodReads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc)
- This challenge encompasses both YA and adult historic books
- Any subgenre of historic fiction counts - historic romance, paranormal historic fiction, historic fantasy, etc. Time slips (where a character(s) goes back and forth between the present and the past) also count. Publication date doesn’t matter - whether it was published this year or thirty years ago, it counts.
- Any length and format of book count - audiobooks, ebooks, novellas, etc.
- Create a sign-up post for the challenge (or tweet, Facebook post, GoodReads status, etc if you don’t have a blog), include the graphic at the top of this post, along with a link back so other people can sign up, and be sure to tell us which level you’re aiming for (levels are below). You don’t have to list the books you intend to read, but you can if you want. When you add your link to the Linky below, please use the direct link to your sign-up post.
- At the beginning of each month, I’ll post a new Linky where you can add your reviews for the month. If you forget to link up one month, you can link up the next, just please don't link the same review twice. Unfortunately I can’t afford to do giveaways each month, but I’m hoping to do surprise giveaways* for participants, and there will definitely be a giveaway at the end of the year. The more books you review, the more entries you get in the grand prize giveaway!
- Reviews must be posted for the first time between January 1st, 2014 and December 31st, 2014 to count.
- If you’re on Twitter, feel free to tweet updates, reviews, etc using the hashtag #2014HFRC so we can all find each other and cheer each other on. I’ll randomly retweet tweets using that hashtag throughout the year.
- You don’t have to follow Ramblings of a Daydreamer to enter the challenge, but you might want to follow via BlogLovin’ or email so you know when the monthly link-ups are posted, along with surprise challenges or giveaways.
- Each month I’ll be updating the 2014 Historic Fiction Reading Challenge page at the top of the blog with everyone’s progress. Each person who posts a review will get their name added, along with all the reviews they link up each month - hopefully that will drive more traffic to your blog! *If you’re an author, blogger, publisher, publicist, etc who would like to donate historic fiction books (physical, ebooks, audiobooks, anything) or swag as prizes for this challenge, or if you'd like to offer books for review opportunities to participants, please contact me at irishstar_83(at)hotmail(dot)com. For anyone willing to donate, I’ll do my best to promote your blog, book, website, etc., and you'll get special acknowledgements on the 2014 Historic Fiction Reading Challenge page at the top of the blog.
1-5 books ~ Testing the bonds of time
6-12 books ~ Slipping through time
13-20 books ~ Traveling back in time
21+ books ~ Living in the past
Did I forget anything? Do you have questions? Feel free to contact me via email - irishstar_83(at)hotmail(dot)com - or Twitter - @SweetMarie83
Remember to link up with a direct link to your sign-up post. Leave your name and your blog name - for example Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer