January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014
2014 is fast approaching. Here at War Through the Generations, we decided to mix things up a bit.
We’re going to focus on 1 war for 2 months rather than a full or half year.
Every two months, we’ll post a new linky for a new war so everyone can share their review links.
In other words, read books from any of the listed wars during the entire year, then come back and post your reviews in the linky for the designated month.
Here’s the schedule:
- Jan./Feb.: Gulf Wars (Gulf War/Operation Desert Storm and Iraq War/Operation Iraqi Freedom)
- March/April: French and Indian War
- May/June: Korean War
- July/August: WWI (100th Anniversary)
- Sept./Oct.: WWII
- Nov./Dec.: Vietnam War
Level of Participation:
- Dip Your Toes: Read 1 book for any war
- Novice: Read 1 book per war throughout the year for a total of 6 books on 6 different wars
- Intermediate: Read 2+ books for 1 war, and 1 book for each of the others for a total of 7 books
- Expert: Read 2+ books for each war for a total of 12 books
This reading challenge is hosted by War Through the Generations 2014 Challenge. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.