Thursday, January 2, 2014

Lord of the Rings Read-Along

January 4, 2014 – June 13 2014


Submission Guidelines

If you post anything during the read-along (whether for a bingo card or independently) I’d love to promote it here on the “official” read-along blog! There are a couple ways this might happen:

  1. I’ll be checking the “tolkienreadalong” and “tolkienreadalong bingo” tags regularly, and might reblog anything that I see there.
  2. If you’d like, you can submit a post - the submission box is open!
  3. Or, if you’ve posted something outside of Tumblr (for example, fanfiction on AO3, or a playlist on 8tracks) you can send me the link to it, and I’ll post the link on the blog.

A couple tips to help make sure that your post is published on this blog:

  • Spoilers: We do have a fair amount of first-timers participating in the read-along. To make their experience as awesome as possible, I won’t publish anything ahead of schedule - you can find the read-along schedule here. Also, any fanfiction has to be properly tagged for spoilers according to the Read-Along schedule (more details here.)
  • I have a bit of a weekly schedule planned - I’d like to mostly post playlists over the weekend (theoretically, when everyone’s reading), and then post more meta, fanart, etc. during the week. So your chances are better if you submit/etc along that schedule. (For example, if you submit a playlist for the prologue on Saturday, you have a much better chance of getting published than if you wait until next Thursday.)
  • This one should be obvious: only post something that you created. Even if you say you have the creator’s permission, I won’t publish it unless you made it.
  • Also, like, aim for PG-13, okay people? My grandma’s following this blog.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.



This reading event is hosted by Lord of the Rings Read-Along Blog. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.