April 1, 2015 – April 30, 2015
This challenge started in the comment section on a post about bookish resolutions – one of which was a book buying ban. What better way to save money on buying books than checking out books from your local library (or the one where you work)? Just in case it wasn’t clear – THERE IS NO BETTER WAY! The challenge started as a buddy read of library books and turned into a month long celebration of libraries and all that they offer. The hashtag #ReadingMyLibrary came out of the need for a catchy, simple hashtag and a desire to make it clear we appreciate our libraries. We hope you’ll join us!
More about the challenge:
- The #ReadingMyLibrary Challenge will run from Wednesday, April 1 – Thursday, April 30, 2015.
- You only have to read ONE (1) book to participate in the challenge! If you happen to read more, it just means more chances for you to win the #ReadingMyLibrary Challenge giveaway! You get an extra entry for every FIVE (5) books you read over that initial ONE (1).
- There will be HUGE library scavenger hunt that will run from April 15 – 30 which will include its own giveaway.
- There is no required amount of time you must spend reading, commenting, tweeting, etc. The scavenger hunt and giveaways are all optional.
- We would LOVE if you shared your TBRs, current reads, library recommendations, library pictures, or really ANYTHING you want to share about your library using the hashtag #ReadingMyLibrary!
- Signing up is super easy! Create a post on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube (really anywhere that you can share something) announcing your participation and linking back to either Stefani’s or Amy’s sign up post. Post it and go here to link up! It’s that simple! (If you wanted to include the button/banner for the challenge and/or a list of your TBR, we’d love that too, but it isn’t required)
Basically, this challenge is meant to be a month long celebration of libraries, reading, and books. We really hope you’ll join us. Let me know if you have any questions.
This reading challenge event is hosted by Read What I Like & Caught Read Handed. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.