Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Once Upon a Time IV


March 20- June 20, 2010

Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings is again hosting the Once Upon a Time IV Challenge.

For the past four years I have hosted the Once Upon a Time Challenge, an opportunity to band together as a community to celebrate story, in this case the kind that fits roughly under one’s own personal definition of four categories: fantasy, folklore, fairy tale and mythology. As spring rapidly approaches in the Northern Hemisphere, the desire for these stories threatens to overwhelm, and with that, it is time to make the fourth annual Once Upon a Time Challenge official.

But first, please follow the jump and allow me to tell you about a wonderful sponsor for this year’s challenge:
Melissa Nucera is an artist whose Etsy Site has long been among my favorites. As I contemplated banner images for this year’s challenge I remembered how much I enjoyed having an artist sponsor for last year’s R.I.P. IV Challenge (Thank you Jennifer Gordon!). Jennifer and I are already scheming for this year’s R.I.P. V Challenge and as I poured over my Etsy favorites list Melissa’s art leaped out at me. She graciously accepted my invitation to sponsor and allowed me to slightly mar her beautiful art by placing a Once Upon a Time logo over it as the banner for this year’s challenge. Over the course of the next 3 months there will be some giveaways of Melissa’s work and she has agreed to sit under the interview spotlight as well. Thank you so very much for being a part of the challenge this year, Melissa!!!

The fourth annual Once Upon a Time Challenge officially begins on Sunday, March 21st and ends June 20th. In addition to the usual goings on over here at Stainless Steel Droppings, the next three months will see features on art, music, film and of course literature of a fantastical, mythical nature. The purpose of the challenges that I host is always to first and foremost have fun and secondly to promote a sense of community across the blogosphere, so I encourage you to become involved in any way that feels comfortable for you. To give the challenge some structure, I offer several options. You may choose one or more of the following:

This year there are several levels of particpation.  To find out more and to join, go to Once Upon a Time IV Challenge.