Friday, April 30, 2010

All Things Alcott Challenge

Margot of Joyfully Retired is host the All Things Alcott Challenge.  Here's what she says:

After reading The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O’Connor McNees, I have a strong desire for more of Louisa May Alcott.

I want to reread Little Women and Jo’s Boys. I’ve discovered her short stories and learned she has also written adult mysteries and thrillers, poetry, fairy tales, fantasy and even pulp fiction. And then there are the biographies of her, movies of her books. There is a documentary I want to see as well. I also saw that there is a new release coming entitled Little Women and the Werewolves. Ah, I’m not so sure about that one, but there seems to be a lot of interest in Louisa May Alcott lately.

Come and join me. I’m setting forth a challenge for myself and anyone else who would like to join in. It will be great fun to explore Louisa May’s world with others who call themselves fans and/or are interested in exploring her body of work.

If you accept this challenge, please follow these guidelines:
  1. Between May 1st and the end of the year (2010), choose one or more Alcott related things to do (see #2). In the spirit of Louisa May Alcott, each participant will set his/her own course in this challenge. You choose one or as many Alcott related items as you wish.
  2. You will also determine the contents of your challenge. As long as it is Alcott related, you may choose books, audiobooks, DVDs, movies, TV shows, a play or live theater. Anything by or about Louisa May Alcott is the intention of the challenge.
  3. It’s not necessary to compile a list at the beginning of the challenge. I’m hoping this will lead me to discover new items I haven’t even heard about.
  4. It’s perfectly okay if this challenge overlaps with other challenges.
To join, go to All Things Alcott Challenge.