February 12, 2012-March 23, 2012
We've all heard that Suzanne Collins novel The Hunger Games is coming out in movie form on March 23, 2012 right? I've heard that there are people out there who haven't read the first book yet, which got me to thinking. I LOVE this series and I'm going to read it again before the movie is released so why don't I offer to do a Read Along for those bloggers who either haven't read the first book and want to before the movie is released or just want to re-read the first book before the movie is released?! So here we have The Hunger Games Read Along...
Here's the information that you need to know:
1. The reading officially begins February 12 and the Read Along will conclude on March 23, 2012. To sign up please create a sign up post and link to that post in the linky provided below (links to homepages will be deleted, only links to the Read Along post). Sign ups conclude on February 11, 2012 at 11:59 pm CST.
2. Each week on Sunday please post a discussion post of what you have read so far (your thoughts, feelings, etc. about what you've read of the book so far), there will be a couple of discussion questions posted on each Sunday to provide some inspiration if you need it. NOTE: If you read ahead please do NOT post your discussion post early to prevent spoilers.
3. Come back on Sunday and link up your discussion post in the linky that will be provided.
4. At the end of the Read Along I will be giving away some Hunger Games merchandise to 1 lucky Read Along winner.
5. If you have any questions you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "The Hunger Games Read Along" in the subject line.
The Reading Schedule:
Part 1 "Tributes"
Chapters 1-4 (1, 2, 3 & 4).....February 12-19
Chapters 5-9 ......February 19-26
Part 2 "The Games"
Chapters 10-14.....February 26-March 4
Chapters 15-18.....March 4-March 11
Part 3 "The Victor"
Chapter 19-22....March 11-March 18
Chapters 23-27.....March 18-March 23