January 1st, 2013 – December 31st, 2013
Introducing the 2013 Books About Books Challenge!
I wanted to come up with a good challenge to host in 2013, but I wasn’t sufficiently inspired until late January. I finished Start Here: Read Your Way Into 25 Amazing Authors and realized that I love reading about…well, reading. I enjoy essays on authors and literature. I have a few books on my shelves that I haven’t picked up yet, and I really should. In addition, I have tons of books about writing books that I really need to divide and conquer (I think my desk shelf would really appreciate it). And don’t think fiction will be left out – just read the details below!
Reading Challenge Details
- The challenge will run from January 1st, 2013 – December 31st, 2013
- Sign up throughout the year – no cut-offs here (Obligatory: I am not a Never Nude, although there are dozens of them! Dozens!)
- Book can be in any format – bound, audiobook, ebook
- All books read during 2013 count – even if you started before January 1st
- Rereads absolutely count
- Read any of the following:
- Compilations of essays on authors/literature or reading pathways
- Books about writing books
- Fiction in which books play a big role
- Check out these Book Riot posts (including comments) for ideas:
- What to Read When You Don’t Know What to Read: A List of Books About Reading
- Riot Recommendation: Books About Reading
- A Great Big, Huge, Not Very Small at All List of Books About Books
- Got some must-read suggestions? Throw ‘em down in the comments!
- Flash fiction: 1-5 books
- Short story: 6-10 books
- Novella: 11-15 books
- Novel: 16-20 books
- Doorstopper: 21+ books
For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.